Sunday, November 27, 2011

New Year's Resolutions - Creating BALANCE


First off, I have to apologize for not posting in a while. Things around here have been BUSY! In case you are not aware, I have a 3 year old daughter and an an almost 10 month old son. Between pre-school, dance, gymnastics, taking care of the household, and my own project deadlines, I have become a bit scattered. YIKES! But, no excuses, I won't let it happen again! I am going to come up with a better schedule. My New Year's resolution is to create some BALANCE (I keep putting that in bold for emphasis!). Usually I am a very organized person; I mean, my calendar and day timer are color coded! Now, I have half-finished projects in the garage and in the basement, pages from magazines (inspiration) torn out and sitting in a pile on my desk, lists with, again more inspiration, stuffed inside my day timer, library books on upholstery and sewing under my couch and a box full of receipts from projects - I had good intentions of book keeping! Now to top it all off I have to return to my "real job" (I am a nurse) in the new year. To be perfectly honest, I do like my "real job", I like that I get to help people who need help and , of course, I like the constant learning curve. BUT, if I had it my way, I would only work at my "real job" when I felt like it and work on my "passion" (my vintage furniture) in every spare moment (like during naps and after my kids go to bed, LOL!). The problem is that "Vintage Revised" does not make quite enough money at this point to help sustain my family and our current lifestyle (which presently allows me to purchase furniture and supplies to work on my things, oh and helps to support my passion for lattes) See where I'm going with this? Well, if determination alone can build an empire (I don't know, can it?) then I surely can! But first, I'm gonna focus on balance; once I get that figured out then I can work on "empire".
I will keep you posted in the new year on what I am doing to create balance and how it is working. In the mean time, here are a few pictures of my "true" passion: my family.




No comments:

Post a Comment